One perfect example for that is spider silk – nature based high performance synthetic fiber a material with tremendous properties.
A spider web made of pencil-thick spider silk fiber can catch a fully loaded Jumbo Jet Boeing 747 with a weight of 380 tons.
Extremely light weight
A product constructed with Biosteel® yarn can be reduced in weight by up to 30 % in comparison to products made from common fibers.
Spider silk is anti-allergen, highly breathable and performs a perfect moisture management. It was already used in ancient times for dressings and bandages.
Spider silk is bio-compatible, vegan and 100% biodegradable.
I. BIOSTEEL FIBERS
- Powerful all nature designed high performance fiber like no other natural fiber
- Soft & smooth fiber with outstanding skin sensation
- 100 % vegan and biodegradable
II. BIOSTEEL FINISHING
- Next generation 100 % nature-based finishing which improves performance and also delivers silky touch, smoothness and moisture management
- Enriching average surfaces and fabrics to protect against bacterial growth and delivering improved skin fascination as well as high breathability and thus supporting wellbeing and healthiness
AMSilk has been producing bulk material on a large industrial scale since 2014. Focus has always been on reliable technology and constant results.
The unique performance of BIOSTEEL fiber offer a wide scale of capabilities. The most natural and intelligent ingredient for high performance application like:
- Apparel: High Performance Active Sports Apparel which outperforms natural fiber based products
- Footwear: Ultimate Active Sports Footwear which enhances speed and endurance
- Automotive: Premium interieur application with outstanding features
- Home + Interieur: New generation of furniture design
- Technical Textiles: Wide range of unique capabilities applied with Workwear
- Medical Textiles: Improved every day comfort, recovery and well-being